Mobizen is one solution done proper witch let you continue using apps installed in your Phone directly on your PC. And because they do it on a browser interface you are free to use it on a classic PC, and Mac or a Linux distribution like Ubuntu.
They advertise it as a way to see all notifications from phone directly on PC screen, check files (it have a device file browser integrated) and do other stuff like take phone snapshots or even capture a video with actions you do it on your device.
The last of the features the screen recording it one I use most because I usually test mobile apps and have to record the flow of testing. Without Mobizen I have to use a rooted device or to connect it to ADB witch is not as strait forward for all of us.
- You can connect to Mobizen via USB, Wi-Fi, 3G or LTE on PC, Mac, iPad or Tablet
- You can drag and drop files from/to device directly on PC browser (with the help of the integrated device file browser)
- Video streaming
- get device notifications on your computer screen
- Do presentations on large screens directly from your mobile device (with screen mirroring)
The Mobizen Android app can be downloaded for free from Google Play – play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rsupport.mvagent , and the Webpage where you can control the Device and the main website of the service is www.mobizen.com
I suggest to check the www.mobizen.com page for more professional and up to dated info of this service .
- it is a free service
- no rooting required
- help to make mobile software presentation
- help to make video screen capture (no root)
- work on any PC / Mac setup.
- if you have a slow device internet connection you can experience lags
- screen recording work on Android 4.2+ devices