Do you know your car have a VIN or Vehicle Identification Number, witch is unique and tell alot about your car, is not just a serial number.
You can find when your car was built, where, what engine it have, what make and model and if you know where to look you can find informations about the problems that car it had, if is stoled or not etc etc.
Ok you wander whay do I need a software to know this kind of informations?
I did find this Android app “VIN Info decoder” when I did want to buy a second hand car (not every one can have a brand new one), and I did want to know more info that the seller wanted to give me.
You need just the VIN number, enter it in the app and get all kinds of informations:
- Make, Model Year, Country of Origin, Body Style, Assembly Plant
- Vehicle Equipment when it exit to the factory
- Check in the database of stolen vehicles from: Canadian Police, Czech Police, Norway, Italian, Dutch, Romanian, Slovenian Police and other online stolen car databases.
- Pictures from Assurance companies if the car had any problems
- lots and lots of data I never knew it can be availble online about a car
You can have the app from Google Play, is free but some informations are released just after you pay a small fee.
Vin decoder is working great for folowing auto brands: VOLKSWAGEN, AUDI, OPEL, RENAULT, FORD, BMW, TOYOTA, PEUGEOT, SEAT, MAZDA, MERCEDES, SKODA, FIAT, CITROEN, NISSAN, GMC, DODGE, HONDA, CHEVROLET, JEEP, HYUNDAI, KIA